BENEFITS OF ASJ+ JACKETING:
• Professional finished appearance — dimple and wrinkle resistant.
• Cleanable with a wet cloth and soapy water.
• Moisture resistant to intermittent, short duration liquid water exposure, such as precipitation during construction phase.
• ASJ+ has substantially less degradation and discoloration when exposed to UV.
• ASJ+ meets ASTM C1136 Type I, II, III, IV, and meets VIII based on the 85% better puncture resistance of ASJ+.
• Excellent SSL adhesion.
Knauf Insulation Earthwool 1000° Pipe Insulation is a molded, heavy-density, one-piece insulation made from inorganic glass fibers bonded with ECOSE Technology. It is produced in 3' lengths with or without a factory-applied jacket. ASJ+ is the newest generation all-service jacket composed of aluminum foil, reinforced with a glass scrim bonded to a kraft paper interleaving with an outer film layer leaving no paper exposed. A matching ASJ+ butt strip is furnished in the carton for each section. The jacket is white, and the longitudinal lap of the jacket has a self-sealing adhesive.
Earthwool is the new benchmark that stands apart for its genuine sustainability, unsurpassed performance and consistently high product quality.
ECOSE Technology is a revolutionary binder based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals such as phenol, formaldehyde or acrylics. ECOSE Technology reduces Knauf Insulation’s binder embodied energy and contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors.
Earthwool 1000° Pipe Insulation is used to insulate iron and copper piping in industrial applications and in commercial and institutional buildings. Earthwool 1000° Pipe Insulation is suitable for hot, cold, concealed and exposed piping systems operating at temperatures from 0°F-1000°F (-18°C to 538°C). Additional weather protection is needed outdoors.
• ASTM C 547; Type I, Type IV
• ASTM C 585
• ASTM C 1136 (jackets); Type I, II, III, IV,VIII
• HH-I-558C; Form D, Type III, Class 12; Class 13 (to 1000°F, 538°C)
• GREENGUARD Certification
• GREENGUARD Children & Schools SM Certification
• NFPA 90A and 90B
• USCG 164.109/4/0 (plain, unjacketed only)
• CAN/ULC S102-M88
• CCG F1-304 (plain only)
• CGSB 51-GP-9M
• CGSB 51-GP-52M (jacket)