MetroFlex NO-FRAME Edge Coating is a water based penetrating coating which is applied to the perimeter edges of fiberglass acoustic panels to allow a "frameless" or "NO-FRAME" installation. NO-FRAME Edge Coating can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed onto fiberglass panels to create a stiffened edge which allows fabric to be wrapped directly around the panel without a frame.
BENEFITS OF NO-FRAME:
- Saves labor and material costs wasted on building wooden frames
- Lightweight finished product
- No Sloppy / Squished corners
- Easy Install with MetroFlex Impaling Clips
- No VOCs
- Maintains 25/50 Flame Smoke Rating of Fiberglass Board.
- No noxious resin odors.
- Easy Cleanup. (warm water & soap)
- Shake Can
- Stack acoustic panels on covered table (paper/plastic). A spacer can be used to separate panels.
- Brush/roll Edge Coating on all edges of panels. Double coat all four corners.
- Separate panels to prevent sticking during the drying process.
- Allow 48 hours to completely dry and harden (coating will turn clear once fully dried).
- Wash tools with soap and warm water. Avoid prolonged contact with skin.
COVERAGE: Each quart will cover approx 12 fiberglass panels (2ft x 4ft) at a 2" thickness*
*Coverage may vary depending on the number of coats and how heavy the coats were applied.
CONTAINERS: Comes in quarts, one gallons, or five gallon pails.